ISO 9001:2015 – Why Was The Standard Recently Revised?
ISO 9001 Evolves To Meet Modern Business Needs.
The quality standard is arguably ISO’s most important. Consequently, ISO has gathered a huge amount of feedback from 122 countries in order to keep the standards relevant and useful to the millions who use it.
What are the major changes to ISO 9001?
The most noticeable change to the standard is its new structure. ISO 9001:2015 now follows the same overall structure as other ISO management system standards (known as the High-Level Structure), making it easier for anyone using multiple management systems. Another major difference is the focus on risk-based thinking. While this has always been part of the standard, the new version gives it increased prominence. More information on how to adapt to this risk-based thinking can be found on the Website run by ISO/TC 176/SC 2, the group of experts behind the standard.
What benefits can the new changes bring?
After all the changes, the new version has many user benefits
For example, ISO 9001:2015:
- Puts greater emphasis on leadership engagement
- Helps address organizational risks and opportunities in a structured manner
- Uses simplified language and a common structure and terms, which are particularly helpful to organizations using multiple management systems, such as those for the environment, health & safety, or business continuity
- Addresses supply chain management more effectively
- Is more user-friendly for service and knowledge-based organization
How Will The New Changes Effect Cleanroom Supplies?
For many years we have operated an internal quality system that is based upon the principles of ISO 9001. We recognise the value to our customers and to our own business of operating such a quality system. We have been working hard for the past 5 months to obtain accreditation in compliance with ISO 9001.
The next step in our accreditration takes place on 15th May. From that visit we expect to be able tom update your further on our journy to achieve ISO9001 accrediatation.
We will keep you updated.
For more infromation on this Click Here►