Tristel Duo for Ultrasound – It’s Applications and Use
Tristel Duo Ultrasound – Applications
Tristel Duo Ultrasound is designed for the sporicidal disinfection of invasive ultrasound probes such as transrectal and transvaginal probes.
Other uses for Tristel Duo for Ultrasound include the high-level disinfection of non-invasive medical devices such as bladder scanners, transabdominal probes and blood pressure cuffs.
When the highest standard of decontamination is required, for example after contact with a known/suspected infected patient, Tristel Duo Ultrasound offers peace of mind through efficient decontamination.
Tristel Duo for Ultrasound is effective against all microorganisms of concern in just 30 seconds.
Tristel Duo for Ultrasound – Performance
Tristel Duo is a highly effective chlorine dioxide sporicidal disinfectant foam.
It is CE marked as a class 11b Medical Device in accordance with the European Medical Devices Directive 93/42/EEC and the 2007/47/EC Amendment thereto.
DUO has been extensively tested according to European Standards suspension tests that involves the inoculation of surfaces with the test organism.
Tristel Duo for Ultrasound uses Tristel patented chlorine dioxide chemistry and is sporicidal, mycobactericidal, virucidal, fungicidal and bactericidal with a contract time of only 30 seconds.
Chlorine dioxide is effective against all microorganisms of concern such as:
- Human papilloma virus (HPV)
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Escherichia coli
- Herpes simplex virus
- Streptococcus agalactia
- Canadida albicans
Tristel Duo for Ultrasound – Use
- Disinfect hands and wear disposable gloves when handling disinfectants and medical devices.
- Use a cleanroom wipe to remove residues of ultrasound gel and visible soil from the medical device.
- Remove and discard the transport locks that stop the pump being depressed in transit.
- If Tristel Duo is being used for the first time, depress the pump two to four times to prime the pump. Then, dispense two aliquots of Tristel Duo onto a cleanroom wipe.
- Use the wipe to spread the foam over the surface of the medical device and ensure all areas are covered.
- Discard the used wipe to clinical waste, do not macerate. Do not re-use.
- Leave the surface to dry to ensure a 30 second contact time.
To see Tristel Duo In Use, Watch The Video
If you require any further details on the specification and use of Tristel Duo for Ultrasound, please Contact Us, we are more than happy to help.